Saturday, August 3, 2013

In the Beginning...

There's always so much to say when introducing yourself. How to begin? Where to begin? Most people begin by defining themselves by how old they are, how many kids they have, if they are married, what kind of job they do, how much money they make, what kind of car they drive, or where they live. I think there is more to a person's definition than that. It goes deeper. Down to the soul. What makes a person tick, what goes through someone mind when no one else is around.

So here is my definition of me...

I believe that I go above and beyond what most people do...in what you might ask? Just about everything. I do not say this to sound conceited. I say it because I believe it is absolutely true. I try hard to think of nice things to do for people...just because. I like to make people feel special, feel appreciated, on birthdays, on Christmas, on Tuesdays. I literally try to find out information from people in subtle and not so subtle ways and bank it in my memory when I am told what someone likes or dislikes something in order to use it on a future occasion.

I try to pay it forward...I look for ways that I can better others, society, my kids, in large or small ways. For example, I had my kids in the car one day and we went to Parker's for dinner. It was POURING rain and there was a homeless vet sitting on an empty 5 gallon paint can, in the rain, holding that sign asking humbly for help. I taught my children a lesson that day. Not only did we get him some food, we gave him our very large umbrella. THEY gave it to him. He needed it, we did not. We have gone trick or treating at the hospital rehab center...why? Because it gives the patients a chance to see children and they are happy but it opens my childrens eyes to a world of acceptance of others as well. They do not stare, they do not make fun of others for terrible situations. They are polite and treat others the way they would want to be treated. I pay occasionally for the person's food behind me in the drive through (it does kinda suck if it's a large order though, word to the wise...if you are tight on $$$ pick a small car)

I try to be as honest as possible. Simply put, if you don't lie, you don't have to remember the stories you've told.

I am a juggler. I juggle work, home, family, school, volunteering, kids ball games, craft projects, bills....throw another ball I can catch it and keep juggling. I've never dropped the ball.

I am a dreamer, a wisher, a WORRIER, I expect people to meet and/or exceed my high expectations, I like to control things.

I love kids, mine especially, my dogs, Sundays, pecan trees, goats, that feeling when you've bounced a little too high on the trampoline, down comforters, heating blankets, Christmas, hammocks, Disneyworld, the smell of my grandma's house, Zac Brown Band, painted toenails, laughing about nothing, steak and potatoes, tank tope and flip flops, hot pink, Liar Liar, Chris Rock,camping. I am passionate, hot headed, and I will fight for what I believe in...right or wrong. I love my grandparents.

I hate planes.

I do not fare well with cheaters, liars, lazy people, ignorance, know it alls. Just about anything else goes. If you say you are going to do something...DO IT!!!

I've never met anyone I haven't gotten along with.

Believe it or not in high school (11 years ago) I was painfully shy.

Now for the stats...I am 4'11" and yes I've hear all of the short jokes. I am 29 years old, weight fluctuates daily unfortunately, that will be a lifelong battle, but I consistently wear a size 2-4 jeans. I got married in Wilmington, NC at a hole in the wall chapple on June 1, 1999 and 7 months later on January 3, 2000 I had my first baby girl, 7 pounds, 14 ounces... Megan Lea at 41 weeks(you do the math). 2 years later on June 6, 2002 out came 10 pounder Ethan Alexander at 39 weeks. Then my final baby came at 37 weeks on December 9, 2005 weighing 7 pounds 9 ounces, Allison Noelle.  

I have been a registered nurse since June 2002 and I worked at PCMH on the Pediatrics floor for 7 years before taking an awesome job at ECU Peds Diabetes in October 2009. I don't make enough money, don't know that I ever will, which is why I am back in school.

I could be doing the exact same job I'm doing now and making about $30,000 more a year. So I'll suck it up and be back in school for a while. I drive a GMC Yukon XL and I live in a great house that my husband and I built from the ground up. I found the house plans online and we contracted it out ourselves and saved over $100,000 by doing so and built on family land so saved a bunch more there. It's about 2700 square feet and has 5 bedrooms and sometimes feels entirely too small...LOL Do I think these are the things that define a person? No. These are just statistics. Take all these away and put a person on a deserted island and then you know who you've got. I'd want to be on a deserted island with me.

So that's the introduction, long winded and boring as it may be, it should be done. That's all for now, must take a shower and hit the sack to go slave away for the man again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment